Saturday, August 22, 2009

For the love of coffee, music and art.

Starbucks is the way to go.

Friday, I got mind(screwed? keep it pg-13, I always say.)/convinced to skive off school. Breakfast at 1pm at Soupspoon with Jan, and headed off to the Raffles City Starbucks branch to 'mug'. If you call half-hearted math-formula scribbles, mugging.

It got all noisy cause The Body Shop decided to host this mega promotional offer right outside, and you know how the heartlander-aunties get when they spot a wicked deal, so we trained down to the Tanjong Pagar branch for some peace and good coffee. Wouldn't have known about that spot if not for the fact that I go there every month for dental and study for a couple of hours at that branch occasionally.

I've been leaving doodles everytime I go on paper napkins, nothing big; postcard-size sketch of the interior, a drawing of the sweating vanilla ice in front of me, caricature of the boy blending a milkshake across the counter. It was a real surprise when I went in and saw some of these paper napkins tacked on the cork board, and this dude comes over with a smile and a Venti-sized Chocolate Cream Chip and says:

'Courtesy of Starbucks, we'd like you to have a drink on us!'

Thus the story of how I got a free drink yesterday. Jan got virtually ignored though. HAHA.

So who knows, if you start leaving sketches on paper napkins at your neighbourhood coffeehouse, they'll be nice enough to give you one on the house :D


School has become the sadsack of the century. Except the birth of our new Post-it Backwall never fails to cheer me up! From a neat row of teeny-blue-slips, its become a massive mob of coloured paper. It is fast-evolving into a replica of my bedroom wall, with 23 people contributing to it. Once Kai brings her camera, I'll snap a few shots of the more entertaining ones (Dayna's, no doubt.) and post it up.

So much music, so little time. Au revoir!

No comments: