Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Out of bed, out of comfort



Antlers - We Were Evergreen
Tell Us Your Name - The New Limb
Drifting In & Out - Porcelain Raft
Overjoyed - Bastille
Build Your Kingdom Here - Rend Collective Experiment
Collective Mon Amour - Éléphant
Entertainment - Phoenix
Pompeii - Bastille
Everything's Gonna Be Undone - Band of Horses
No Other Plans - Sunny Levine feat. Young Dad
Big Parade - The Lumineers
Towers - Bon Iver
Charleston - Set Sail
Son My Son - Milo Greene
Wild Things - San Cisco
Cousins - Vampire Weekend

______________________________________________________



Here's what I've been listening to lately, songs plucked out from youtube obscurity & also my Facebook timeline (!): The latest from WWE, tracks from the Celeste & Jesse Forever OST & the lesser-known from Coachella. These are the songs I could spend entire rainy days listening to, days like the ones we've been having, falling asleep beside melody & lavender tea.

I also received my We Were Evergreen package I blogged about earlier this year (x), all the way from London! I had to stifle screams of excitement as I ripped apart postage paper & airmail bubblewrap to get to its contents: a signed poster, handwritten lyric sheets for Penguins & Moonboots by Fabienne & best of all, their first album from 2010! Every track is different, slightly incomplete, but beautiful. There's a fifty-second demo at the end of the record entitled Verano ('summer', in Spanish), a mere fragment of a song which begins with nothing but whistles & a plucking guitar & repeats the lines 'Hang on to summer / Don't let go / Don't let go' over & over. It's perfect in its simplicity. I love how much you can fall in love with a song & how much comfort it can give & how it never asks for anything in return.


I don't know... I'm feeling strangely content right now, just listening to fresh music in my room. Haven't felt like this in a while & it's nice.

No comments: