Thursday, May 02, 2013

Thrifting & Prufrocking & Other things












In summer, I came over
& made you my lover
& do you remember 
how you said
show me your bones &
I'll show you mine
so I did

we went to the market
not to buy
but to kiss & see
& the rest of autumn we did nothing 
but build birds out of paint & parts 
& make sense of nothing at all
one surely must wonder
when it went wrong

Perhaps I was remiss 
when I thought
that voices might burst from 
my cavity's chest &
turn into song


(29/3/2013)

____________________________________________________________



Summer break is finally here! There's nothing more refreshing than leisurely thrift-shopping & an iced-tea in a forgotten coffee house & of course... the end of sophomore year! Like most 'vacationing' college students, there's a massive list of things to do during this three-month-long holiday, starting with getting a job to cure the state of being perpetually broke. Then there's errands we've been putting off, old school friends to meet, reunions to plan, missed birthdays to be celebrated... but that can wait, if only for a little while.

First, more lazy afternoons like these. Simon Armitage poetry & the Beach Boys on repeat. An ice-cream cone in one hand & a camera in another, a solitary walk, the start of all adventures. All because T.S Eliot once said that 'There will be time / there will be time / to prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet' but then today isn't one of those days. Today, time is yours & yours alone but only if you let it be...



I'll write again soon. Have a wonderful summer

No comments: