Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dream





Moon river,
 wider than a mile 

I'm crossing you in style someday 
Dream-maker, you heart-breaker 
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way 



Two drifters, off to see the world 
There's such a lot of world to see 
We're after the same rainbow's end 
Waiting 'round the bend, 
My huckleberry friend, 
Moon river and me 

____________________________________




I've seen loads of Moon River covers, most mediocre & some even terrible. This is the first that made me tear up (just a little!).

This is an interesting band by the way. The Honey Trees are made up of real-life couple Becky Filip & Jacob Wick, who together create beautiful, dreamy, indie-pop music. The best way I can think to describe their kind of music is this: if music were colours, The Honey Trees' songs would be sepia-toned, with a hint of velvet. The feeling one gets from listening to them or watching their videos is that of nostalgia, almost a longing, for days past... music that seems to have slipped from another time or era, & made itself comfortable here. I'd like to leave them on all day, have some tea, and fall asleep into dream...

No comments: