Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Beyond the Sea

















'I who lived in a harbour from which I loved you
The solitude crossed with dream & with silence,
Penned up between the sea & sadness,
Soundless, delirious...'

Twenty Love Poems & A Song of Despair, XIII
Pablo Neruda


_________________________________________



San Francisco is a such a beautiful city... It's like a perpetual flea/farmer/fresh market all year round! There's something about the smells of salt and warm churros and sea catch that make you feel a little more alive. We must have taken the ferry at least four times, to Vallejo & Sauslito (Beautiful places, both of them. More on that later.)

I love the pier. And that carousel? I mean, come on. 

Between Union & Ghirardelli Squares, Chinatown, the Bay Area & the above, SF is quite the experience. Such a perfect place to spend summer! I quite needed that break.

1 comment:

pickle said...

Love the carousel too!