Friday, June 08, 2012

Where Light meets Dark


Come!
Let us leave this place,
This wretched place behind.
Somehow we will be enough for each other.

And we will teach each other to love
To love each other
We will learn
Yes
Somehow will be enough for each other

For what else is there but love?
I know nothing besides the fullness of it
If just sorrow lasts,
we will only melt into rain and become its cry
I believe that it is the dawn of love that keeps us alive

No?
Then what are you afraid of? 
What scares you to death & silence?
I only want oblivion

So come! 
Let us leave this wretched place behind!

Only do not ask me where,
for I do not know myself.


__________________________________________________


You say to me
The light in your eyes has gone out:
Once aflame,
now grown cold.

I do not deny
You make me weak in places 
that I had not previously known existed
And as we sat there, 
wrapped in sheets,
And as I breathed in the musk of your collarbones,
You painted me in fire,
Colours that speak of passion & boldness
You tell me of newer & better places
Places which I fear
And you said... 
Come.

But no!
I am so sorry
I am not one to go against the grain
I am not that man

Somehow this leaving, this departure
It sounded more elegant in my mind.

No comments: