Saturday, May 05, 2012

Quotes from the Lesser-Known: Part 6



'What is photography to you?' 
'I think it's an extension of what I see. I try to focus on things that people find mundane, or things that people will not take a second look at. It's a way for me to say that there are things that are important and beautiful around us, and we need to slow down a little bit... slow down a little to appreciate the environment, and the people around us.' 
'That's incredible. How do you think photography can change the world?' 
'Wow. I've never thought of this before. (laughs) Well... photography is a powerful medium because it's so visual... When a good photograph goes viral around the world, it gets so many people talking. In the right shot, the right time and the right context, photography impacts people with its significance. It makes people rethink their values, and what they believe in.' 

August L.
Singer-songwriter, thespian & photographer. 


No comments: