Friday, May 13, 2011

Ready to fly, you and I




Wow. Totally underestimated Sara's vocals and was pleasantly surprised with her concert at the Esplanade! I was actually reluctant to go (because we procrastinated and ended up with nosebleed seats, and also because it has been a very long time since I considered myself a Bareilles fan) but thought, 'eh, a gig's still a gig.' I'm so very glad I went because it turned out to be a pretty brilliant show.

Amazing vocals, interactive and hilarious, with one of the tightest backing bands I've seen. Not to mention, a pretty good opening act! It's not easy to find a performer who makes every member of a nearly 2000-strong audience feel that they're in a small and intimate show. She's not Feist, Laura Marling or Alison Sudol; but she comes pretty close to the top of my list. A convert for sure!!!



No comments: