Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crafts of a clumsy kind

It was Mother's Day on Sunday and also my mom's birthday a little less than an hour ago. I don't really enjoy shopping for gifts (even on trips abroad, I rarely get souvenirs for others unless I'm reminded to) partly because it's a chore, but mostly because I'd like to believe that people do appreciate little D.I.Y presents now and then.

So, armed with a new set of acrylic paints and a stack of cards, I set about to creating the ultimate present for aunties: THE COUPON BOOKLET. It is a simple, albeit clumsily put together, lump-sum of pages. Mom, however, seemed to like it tremendously! :) I think that sometimes, all it takes is a ten-song mixed CD or a homemade bed-in-breakfast to show your appreciation for someone else. Beats the 10-carat jewels anyday!

Earlier today we had a Japanese birthday lunch of beef sukiyaki and spicy sashimi, and tempura ice-cream for dessert. We talked and laughed and my dad gave my mom flowers. It was all-in-all, a pretty lovely day.

I love my mom! And I hope she had a really good birthday!

No comments: