Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Electric Prunes save the day.


You were going so well,
writing out the stories all by yourself,
so i rewarded you with the back of my mind,
my oh so wondrous mind,
but what did you do?

_____________________________________

Hello midnight.

Results came out yesterday and of course it was a little more than dramatic. Putting that aside tho, it was a good time to catch up with people. Congrats to Janna (who i was was unfortunate enough to sit next to, since she had eight. bloody. points.), whose mom was less than enthusiastic when i phoned her.

Me: AUNTIE!! YOUR DAUGHTER JUST SCORED EIGHT POINTS! WHOOO
Janna: (half-sniffling because she's janna like that.) *sniff sniff... Did you just call my mother?
The Mother: Huh hello?! what's this? huh?

Hilarious. and congrats to everyone else who got the results they wanted. Especially clarebear, oh my sweet cows. Who got fifteen points. I swear the air was thick with flying pigs that day :) You punk.

I was kinda disappointed but thinking about it now, i just gotta thank god for my results and be happy. Cause god has a plan for all of us! So CJC with its extremely bad reputation, here i come! I guess i always had that soul-bond to catholic education institutions, even if they are all the way in um, toa payoh. Which is a totally different region to me, by the way. Thank god that people like Nicole, Liz, Sally, Emi and clare will be going there, so i won't feel like such a goosegog in my own school :) Thanks mom & all my friends for the support!



Today spent the day in church going over jazz rhythms and writing some riffs down with the lads and BOY was it frustrating. Its not easy at all. But i guess the best part was coming up with our new band name. OHMIGOD BOYS ARE SO SUCKY AT COMING UP WITH NAMES.

i came up with The Electric Prunes & JuiceBox & The Lalalas (as opposed to The Yeah Yeah Yeahs) & a whole bunch of other names but they all said it sucked! Instead Nick came up with the worst name in band-naming-dom. Here it comes.

MIKE STANDS AND GUITAR AMPS.


i kid you not. Srsly. Ditto the Nick-tons. Or Nightmare Cinema.

But now its pretty much between the Touchtones or Groove Boulevard (BO-RING, i know. The electric prunes rock so much more. but hell, a name does not make a band.)


Supper with Mel and jie ains at some ulu-place and it was fun :)

Anyway i just had one of those life-changing moments in my life because me and randi are going to see JASON MRAZ LIVE IN CONCERT ON MARCH FIFTH.

epic. I know. Hey he's no Paramore, but now we can see him sing smexily from the side of his mouth and wear fedora hats and all that jazz. Although the fact that he is doing that vair-gay-sticking-out-pinky-thing that Luki always does makes me pretty darn disturbed. None the less.

Now the only problem is raising 145 buckeroos without motherdear finding out. (money tree, why did you shrivel up and die last year, oh you were my only hope!)

waking up tomorrow at the crack of dawn to go to Nick's house for goodness knows what. Well, noon, but its EARLY.

No comments: