Sunday, August 26, 2012

Where people are casually lovely





Bare light
Circles around your shoulder blades
And as the coffee grows cold,
I escape

To a place where people are casually lovely
where travellers & lovers thrive
To a place where people live vibrantly,
die tragically,
but yet are still alive

There,
my heart brings me to places
my mind never brought me
There,
time will leave me alone

Then there is always the coming back.



To walls slick with years of touch and dust
Splintered rosewood & rubbed lavender
Shards of daylight dancing across the floor,
extravagant in its moves.
Somehow
it feels like, at home,
I am more away than ever


But then I see you,
the pillow ridges that lines your face,
And miles of skin & hair & dips & plateaus
& violet breath,
rising like steam

And I think, well,
He looks like someone I could learn to love
Someone that I could love
Someone that I would love

Perhaps here isn't so bad after all.
Here, we will flourish in broken places & still love
Ground our words to ashes & dust,
inhale...
There are always other days

Maybe I'll take you there someday


1 comment:

sevrn said...

:D I LOVE YOUR POETRY.