Monday, September 12, 2011

Eat







We eat, drink and be merry.


I miss spending a whole day doing nothing in bed, having chocolate fingers & tea for breakfast and reading a near-unhealthy amount of Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar can be hopelessly depressing on an otherwise idyllic Friday afternoon). Instead, I'm reduced to spending nearly four hours a day on public transport shuttling between home and school, packed in with the rest of the grey faces in the 8am rush hour. Assignments are driving me insane! Sometimes I wish I didn't care much.

But enough of that gloomy chatter! There are still many, many things to be grateful for, like a perfectly-cooked peppercorn omelet or great ramen extravaganzas with friends. Moscato in the early afternoon, beautiful strawberry hearts dipped in sugar at midnight.

Food, oh the simple joy in life!

No comments: