Thursday, June 24, 2010

the general specific

On Wednesday, after three hours of disgusting math tuition, an urge to buy something just attacked me. So after dinner with Leo and shar at mos burger, we walked to that bright little shop at the basement selling an assortment of knick knacks. Among the tinkering music boxes and vintage coasters, the orange blackbird fly caught my eye (rhyme totally intended!)

After borrowing clare's pink bbf for a couple of months and shooting a roll of film on it, I knew I HAD to buy it. But procrastination, as always, prevented me from getting one (photojojo not having my colour in stock worsened the whole situation). Till two days ago!

Not exactly what I would call an impulse buy. Walked out of parkway feeling pretty darn good :)

Here are some shots from the developed roll!



The whole experience of shooting with a BBF is something really special; the warped world seen through a 1&1/2-inch circle and how the reversed images boggles your mind. It works very well with the holga 12mfc holga flash and has three different film formats (without frame, it produces shots with side sprockets!!)

Comes in aesthetically pleasing colours such as orange, red, blue, yellow and pink, to pile glory upon glory.

Can't wait to bring this to sydney!

No comments: